Manama, The Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of Third Quarter 2021, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.
The value of imports increased by 16%, reaching BD1.349 billion during third quarter 2021 compared to BD1.166 billion for the same quarter the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 70% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 30%.
According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of 214 million, China was second with BD167 million, and the United Arab Emirates was third with BD95 million.
Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD249 million, while aluminum oxide was second with BD80 million, and parts for aircraft engines third with BD52 million.
The value of exports of national origin increased by 76% to BD1.174 billion during third quarter 2021, compared to BD669 million for the same quarter of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 73% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 27%.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD236 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the United States of America was second with BD211 million and the United Arab Emirates third with BD108 million.
Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during third quarter 2021 with BD382 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with a value of BD250 million, and Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) third with BD63 million.
The total value of re-exports increased by 22% to reach BD175 million in the third quarter 2021, compared to BD143 million for the same quarter of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 84% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 16%. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD53 million, the United Arab Emirates second with BD50 million, and Singapore third with BD11 million.
Four-wheel drive cars emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD20 million, Gold ingots came in second place with BD17 million, and parts for aircraft engines came third with BD15 million.
The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totaling BD1 million during third quarter 2021 compared to BD335 million for the same quarter of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 99.8%, That is reflected positively in the value of the trade balance.
Note: For more details, please visit the foreign trade page on the Bahrain Open Data Portal www.data.gov.bh.
Source: Bahrain News Agency