– Cloud-based solution enables rapid deployment and easy operations for networks with up to hundreds of thousands of devices –
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois, Aug. 24, 2015 / PRNewswire — Cambium Networks™, a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions, today introduced cnMaestro™, a platform that is available in the cloud or deployable on premise, built from the ground up for secure, end-to-end network lifecycle management: inventory management, onboarding devices, daily operations and maintenance. By offering full visibility across the entirety of a network, cnMaestro greatly simplifies management of all network devices.
Key capabilities of cnMaestro:
- Full Visibility Across the Network:
- Single pane of glass to manage an entire network, including backhaul point-to-point (PTP) links, point-to-multipoint (PMP) access and WiFi
- Dedicated dashboards for each device, with common and centralized upgrade and device configuration workflows to minimize the learning curve for network managers
- Client End-to-End Troubleshooting:
- One-click functionality reveals the entire chain of network nodes related to the problem area, displaying the results of performance and latency tests, as well as sub-system level health checks on a single screen
- Managers will see network elements on Google maps or floor maps that may be causing issues and determine timely solution
- Frictionless Deployment:
- Define device configurations in advance and have them automatically applied at the time of installation
- Ensure large networks are kept up to date by easily managing software upgrades and configuration changes
- WiFi Controller:
- Manages, configures, and coordinates Cambium Networks’ WiFi access points (AP) to aggregate network statistics, push network access policies, enable seamless roaming between locations and host turnkey guest access for public WiFi hotspots
“Moving the Access Controller to the cloud allows wireless operators and Internet service providers to ensure the quality of service (QoS) at unattended public and private hotspots. The ability to guarantee enterprise grade service with a platform that supports WiFi deployment as a managed service opens a new market for mobile network operators (MNOs) and WISPs; and the ability to manage WiFi devices in the cloud allows them not only to keep down their total cost of ownership (TCO) but also enables them to offer new pricing plans for both hot spot owners and end users,” noted Sue Rudd, Director Service Provider Analysis at Strategy Analytics.
cnMaestro’s built-in WiFi controller for cnPilot comes with key WiFi hotspot solution features that aid in rolling out guest WiFi access and monetization of WiFi networks. WiFi controller manages and coordinates all WiFi APs and presents aggregated network statistics, allowing network operators to centrally manage network access policies across APs and ensure a consistent user experience. With all APs visible from a single dashboard, network operators can easily manage multiple locations and organize high density deployments, resulting in an enhanced WiFi experience for their subscribers.
“Formerly, whenever a customer called to complain of poor service, our visibility of the customer environment ended at the IP address. Now, with cnMaestro, our staff can view, control and troubleshoot the entire network from the APs down to the customer’s router. Moving forward, cnMaestro will be a tool my team uses every day to manage and operate the network,” said Eric Ozrelic, president, Webformix.
“Our aim in developing cnMaestro was to resolve as many pain points related to network visibility and management as possible for our customers. We created a cloud-based solution with a simple, one-click real-time view to everything happening in the network,” said Atul Bhatnagar, president and CEO, Cambium Networks. “As industrial, enterprise and residential networks are continually pressed to provide high-quality connectivity, security and scalability to support growth plans, cnMaestro will become a tremendously valuable asset in helping businesses operate more efficiently and profitably.”
cnMaestro will become available globally mid-September 2015.
About Cambium Networks:
Cambium Networks is a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions that connect the unconnected. Through its extensive portfolio of reliable, scalable and secure wireless broadband point-to-point (PTP) and point-to-multipoint (PMP) platforms, Cambium Networks makes it possible for all service providers; enterprises; governmental and military agencies; oil, gas and utility companies; Internet service providers; and public safety networks to build powerful, easily sustainable communications networks. Headquartered outside Chicago and with R&D centers in the U.S. Ashburton, U.K. and Bangalore, India, Cambium Networks sells through a range of trusted global distributors. For more information, visit: www.cambiumnetworks.com and www.connectingtheunconnected.org.
Golin for Cambium Networks – Cyrus Hedayati
+1 415 318 4377