The Middle East Arlines — Air Liban, on Wednesday issued the following update on the preventive measures applied by the airliner in accordance with a circular issued by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation on 28 July, 2020.
“MEA announces that PCR Test is mandatory before entering Lebanon from any country.
Passengers arriving in Lebanon as a final destination on board Middle East Airlines are therefore required to:
– Conduct a PCR test at one of the accredited laboratories by the relevant authorities in the countries from which they are departing within a maximum of 96 hours prior to the date of travel to Lebanon and show the PCR Test result at check-in counters. Passengers who do not carry a negative PCR Test result are not allowed to board MEA aircraft departing to Lebanon.
– All arriving passengers at Rafik Hariri International Airport-Beirut will undergo another PCR Test, at MEA’s expense, and the result of the examination will be informed to the passenger within 48 hours by the Ministry of Public Health.
– All passengers who arrived in Lebanon and found that the results of the PCR Tests conducted upon arrival at Rafik Hariri International Airport were positive, should follow the medical guidelines and procedures set by the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health until they recover.
In addition to the above procedures, all arriving passengers to Lebanon as a final destination on direct or transit flights from the following countries: Iraq, African countries except: South Africa, Central African Republic, Ghana, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco, are required to have a prepaid hotel reservation for 48 hours at one of the following hotels approved by the Ministry of Tourism in Lebanon at reduced prices:
– Lancaster Hotels or call 96170380000
– Golden Tulip Hotel Group: Book at www.lancaster.com.lb Book Two Days Quarantine: Book at http://www.midtownbeirut.com/ book Two Days Quarantine or call 009611347555
– Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel: Book at https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/hotels/radisson-blu-beirut/ deals book two days quarantine or call the following numbers: 00961 01368111 or 00961 03624268 whatsapp.
Passengers who do not have a prepaid hotel reservation are not allowed to board on MEA flight to Lebanon, and upon arrival in Lebanon they must stay at the hotels for 48 hours until they are informed of PCR Test results, and then they will undergo a second PCR Test subject to 72-hour home quarantine until they are informed of the test result.
For passengers departing from Countries not mentioned above, Hotel reservations are not required, but they must self-isolate until they are informed of the PCR Test by the Ministry of Public Health within 48 hours of arrival at the airport.
– Passengers who have departed and returned to Lebanon within one week are not required to conduct a PCR Test in countries of their departure, and these passengers will undergo a PCR Test upon arrival at Rafik Hariri International Airport – Beirut.
– Children under the age of 12 are excluded from the PCR test.
For all passengers arriving in Lebanon:
– All passengers wishing to return to Lebanon on Board Middle East Airlines, before boarding must fill out the form issued by the Ministry of Public Health of Lebanon and available electronically through the following link: https://arcg.is/0GaDnG .
– Any passenger who shows any symptoms of Covid19 or similar symptoms will not be allowed to board the aircraft.
– Travelers must comply with the ministry of public health guidelines.
Source: National News Agency